You can be an everydayhero to the families and co-workers of America’s fallen firefighters when you start a fundraiser to support the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF). When you choose to support the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation you help us honor and remember America’s fallen fire heroes, assist their families, and prevent firefighter line-of-duty deaths and injuries.
A time-honored tradition in the Fire Service, “Fill the Boot” campaigns raised funds in the community that were crucial for maintaining a fire department including equipment, apparatus, and other department needs. Firefighters are also big-hearted and generous, using this means of fundraising to help charities that they care about. Each gift matters, and people work together to accomplish big things to help their community.
Being an everydayhero to firefighters and their families is as easy as 1, 2, 3
- Create – Choose “Fill the Boot” as your campaign and add a few details to create your fundraising page.
- Personalize – Upload a photo of yourself and share your story to help others to connect with your cause.
- Write your own personal message about why the NFFF is important to you.
- You can share your fundraiser on Facebook, Twitter, and by E-mail.
- There is an option to thank donors right from your fundraising page.
- Share – Share your fundraiser to inspire donations and support from family, friends, and colleagues.