May 6, 2017, 9:00am – 3:00pm
Community College of Aurora at Lowry Campus – 710 Alton Way, Denver, CO
Get driving directions
During this six-hour program, you will meet Comfort Zone staff, campers, and volunteers who will explain what to expect at camp and how our program impacts grieving children and teens. You will receive education about childhood bereavement and we’ll give you tips on how to be successful in whichever volunteer role you are selected to fill.
– Up to 90 individuals are required for each camp session in a variety of volunteer roles.
– You must be 15 years of age to become a volunteer.
– Annual updates of Health History, Confidentiality, and Criminal Background Checks, for those 18 and older, are required. $25.00 is requested to cover the annual background check.
Register for Training
– Create a My Comfort Zone account and completing the basic information form
– Click on the “Volunteer” tab and then on the “Apply as a volunteer” button to complete the application.
– Click on “Enroll in Training Session” and select this date for your training session.
– The background check process will be described during training, and directions on how to complete that process will be sent out after training.
For any questions regarding this training please contact Krista Collopy at [email protected]