Friday, October 6, 2017
If you arrive by plane, train, or bus, local firefighters will meet you and take you to your hotel. This service is available for immediate family members only.
All family members need to register for the Memorial Weekend when they arrive at the family hotel.
- Create a luminary bag, which will be used during the Saturday evening Candlelight Service.
- Shop for keepsakes in the Foundation store, conveniently located near the family hotel.
- Relax with a gentle massage, make a memory box, or play a board game while fire service clowns entertain children of all ages.
- Make a rubbing of your firefighter’s name on the bronze plaque.
Join other families of firefighters being honored this weekend for a welcome dinner and a brief overview of what to expect.
Saturday, October 7, 2017
If you did not register on Friday, Registration will be open from 9 a.m. – noon at the family hotel.
More: Click Here for Information on Family Registration
- Sign the Remembering Banner.
- Place a rose and light a candle for your fallen firefighter at the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial Chapel.
- Take a walk or tour around the beautiful campus.
- If you did not have a chance to decorate a luminary bag on Friday, you can do this on Saturday morning.
- Shop for keepsakes at the Foundation store, located near the National Memorial.
- Make a rubbing of your firefighter’s name on the bronze plaque located in Building B.
Lunch for families will be served at the Family Hotel Complex.
Before dinner, you can watch the parade of bikers riding in tribute to the fallen firefighters. A brief wreath-laying service will take place at the national monument.
More: Click Here for Information on the Red Helmet Ride
Dinner for families and fire service escorts will be served in the campus dining hall.
Families describe this beautiful evening service as a highlight of the Weekend. Talented survivors and firefighters provide music, and a candle is lit in honor of each firefighter being honored.
More: Click Here for Information on the Candlelight Service
Sunday, October 8, 2017
When you arrive on campus, members of the fire service will stand at attention in your honor as you pass through the Sea of Blue.
This public ceremony is the official national tribute to America’s fallen firefighters, and including a traditional honor guard and bagpiper procession. During the ceremony, each family receives an American flag. The service concludes with the unveiling of the plaque listing the names of the honored fallen fire heroes.
More: Click Here for Information on the Memorial Service