What is #MyGivingStory?
#MyGivingStory is a social media storytelling contest created to foster a public conversation about giving and to inspire more people to give. Every act of giving has a story, this is a chance to share yours!
#MyGivingStory Launches November 1
Throughout the month of November, you can submit your stories about inspiring examples of giving (time, money, skills, goods, etc.) into an online gallery, share your stories across social media networks, generate votes for your story, and have the opportunity to win grants for favorite nonprofit organization, the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation. Stories may be submitted in written or video format.
How Does #MyGivingStory Work?
- Submit your essay (with an optional image) or video story between November 1st and November 30th.
- Share your story regularly via social media and encourage everyone you know to vote daily through December 7th.
- The 20 entries with the most votes will be considered by the judging panel the week of December 10th.
- The winning stories will be announced the week of December 17th.
Every Act of Giving Has a Story. What’s Yours?
You could win up to $10,000 for your favorite nonprofit organization.
Thank You for Sharing Your #MyGivingStory
As part of the National Fallen Firefighters community, we hope you might take a few minutes to reflect on why giving to the families and co-workers of our nation’s fallen fire heroes matters to you. Please share your story in the #MyGivingStory contest and consider naming us as the recipient of a grant prize. Your winning #MyGivingStory story will help us continue to honor America’s fallen fire heroes, assist their families, and prevent firefighter line-of-duty deaths and injuries.
What are the #MyGivingStory Prizes?
The 20 stories garnering the most votes will be forwarded to our judging panel, who will select the winners.
- 1st-Place: $10,000 for the entrant’s chosen nonprofit organization
- 2nd-Place: $5,000 for the entrant’s chosen nonprofit organization
- 3rd-Place: $2,500 for the entrant’s chosen nonprofit organization
- Yo Dono Porque – 2 Winners: $2,500 for your chosen nonprofit organization to two outstanding Spanish-language stories
- Honorable Mention – 3 Winners: $1,000 for your chosen nonprofit organization to three outstanding storytellers
- Most Nominated – 5 Winners: $2,000 to the nonprofit organizations that receive the most nominations from story submitters
- Sweepstakes – 10 Winners: $500 to your chosen nonprofit organization for two stories chosen at random each week
- #GivingTuesday Swag Giveaway – 30 Winners: Each day in November, we’ll choose a story at random and send you a custom #GivingTuesday gift