The Congressional Fire Services Institute (CFSI) and National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF) are accepting nominations for the Senator Paul S. Sarbanes Fire Safety Leadership Award. Presented annually at the CFSI National Fire and Emergency Services Dinner, the award recognizes organizations for outstanding leadership in advancing fire health and safety. Taking place on May 1, 2014 in Washington, DC, the dinner will be attended by our nation’s top political leaders and 2,000 state and national fire service officials. The nomination deadline is March 14th.
The goals of the award are described by the following five points:
- Helping to advance the Life Safety Initiatives originally developed by the American fire service during the 2004 National Fire Service Summit hosted by the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation.
- Advocating the need to address firefighter health and safety and becoming an advocate for this cause.
- Promoting and supporting firefighter health and safety initiatives at the local, state, or national level.
- Reaching out to other organizations and developing partnerships to further the cause of firefighter health and safety.
- Engaging government leaders at all levels to work together for changes and for the establishment of government programs that can enhance the personal safety of firefighters.
The award recipient will receive an all-expense paid trip to our Nation’s Capital to be honored at the most important evening for our nation’s fire and emergency services. The Sarbanes award is made possible by the generous support of State Farm Insurance and VFIS, Inc, the corporate cosponsors.
The deadline for submitting applications is March 14, 2014.