You may find these resources helpful.
The National Fallen Firefighters Foundation is not responsible for the content or opinions expressed.
- GriefShare – National support group with many local chapters; church based
- HospiceNet – Answers basic questions about the grief process and self-care during that time
- LegacyConnect – Information about support groups and counseling, articles about grief
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization – Nationwide listing of local hospice support groups and grief counselors
For Spouses and Significant Others
- Soaring Spirits Loss Foundation – Resources and connections for widows and widowers
- Widowed Village – Online community of widows and widowers connecting for mutual support (“Facebook for Widows”)
- WidowNet – Focus on self-help and survivor-to-survivor support
- Alive Alone – Support and resources for parents with no surviving children
- Bereaved Parents USA – Online self-help support group for bereaved parents, grandparents, and siblings
- Compassionate Friends – International support group for bereaved parents and siblings; includes listing of local chapters
- Parents of Murdered Children (POMC) – Resources for survivors of homicide and other violent deaths
- The Sibling Connection – Resources for those who have experienced the death of a sibling at any age
For Teens and Kids
- Comfort Zone Camp – Free weekend bereavement camp for grieving children ages 7-17, multiple locations across the U.S.
- The Dougy Center – Nationwide listing of specialized local programs for grieving children and teens
- Hello Grief – Grief articles, resources, and connections for children, teens, and parents
- Hospice Net – General guidelines for talking with children about death and grief.
- National Alliance for Grieving Children – Support and resources for children and families
- National Bereavement Resource Guide – Comprehensive nationwide listing of bereavement resources for children and families
- Actively Moving Forward – Campus-based peer support for college students dealing with the death or serious illness of a loved one
- New York Life Foundation – Resources for children, parents, and teachers
- Sesame Street: When Families Grieve – Resources and downloadable materials to help young children who have experienced the death of a loved one