– Co-sponsored by CFSI and the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation, the Senator Paul S. Sarbanes Fire Service Safety Leadership Award was established in 2009 to recognize public safety organizations for outstanding contributions to the advancement of firefighter health and safety. The deadline for submissions is December 6, 2018. READ
– Participants of the J.P. Taravella High School 9/11 Stair Climb completed 27 circuits up, across, down, and around the three story Grand Building to simulate the 110 stories of the World Trade Center towers. READ
– During the opening ceremonies of Firehouse Expo in Nashville, Vina Drennan's tireless commitment to the fire service was recognized warmly as she received the Art Glatfelter Distinguished Service Award. Chief Compton was inducted into the 2018 Firehouse Hall of Fame, which honors contributors who have made a lasting mark on the fire service. READ
– As the first names were read from the 2018 Roll of Honor at the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial Service on Sunday, October 7, the sun broke through the clouds and haze. The unusual warmth for an October day in Emmitsburg, Maryland served as a reminder for the loved ones of the 103 fallen that they will forever be surrounded by comfort and support. READ
– On Sunday, October 28, you can make sure the families of the fallen know that you will never forget. Join members of FDNY and the public for the 4th Annual National Stair Climb for Fallen Firefighters at Belmont Park. READ
– During the 37th National Fallen Firefighters Memorial Service on Sunday, October 7, 2018, the U.S. Fire Service will pay tribute to the lives of 80 firefighters who died in the line of duty in 2017 and 23 firefighters who died in previous years. READ
Donate to the NFFF Through the Combined Federal Campaign Using #10292
Federal, military, and postal service employees can donate to the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation through Combined Federal Campaign contributions. The Foundation’s agency number is 10292. State and local government employees can write in the Foundation as their agency of choice.
We appreciate your continued support to honor and remember America’s fallen fire heroes and their families.