The 9/11 Memorial Stair Climbs are not timed race events, but a way for firefighters and the community to honor and remember the FDNY firefighters who selflessly gave their lives so that others might live.
Each participant pays tribute to a FDNY firefighter by climbing or walking the equivalent of the 110 stories of the World Trade Center. Your individual tribute not only remembers the sacrifice of an FDNY brother, but symbolically completes their heroic journey to save others. Through firefighter and community participation we can ensure that each of the 343 firefighters is honored and that the world knows that we will never forget. The proceeds of these events help the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation create and maintain programs that support fire service survivors. Your support of the 9/11 Memorial Stair Climb events provides assistance to the surviving families and co-workers of the 343 firefighters who made the ultimate sacrifice on September 11, 2001.
Latest 9/11 Stair Climb News
New! Climb With Others Worldwide as a Virtual Climber
You can climb virtually for many of our stair climb events by registering as a “Virtual Climber or 9.11 Walker.” As a Virtual Climber, you will receive a Virtual Climber Toolkit to help you personalize your climb. This toolkit includes:
- Opening Ceremony Video – Many who have climbed with us before know that our live events include an opening ceremony to thank everyone and get everyone ready for the climb. Our Virtual Stair Climb Toolkit includes one too. Watch online before you climb to remember.
- 343 Roll Call – You will receive a link to watch before/after your climb including all of the firefighters we honor at each climb.
- Printable Honor Badges – You can download our honor badge collection, choose the hero or heroes that you will climb in honor of, and print their badge(s) to carry with you during your climb.
- Virtual Bell – Once you’ve completed your climb, you will ring the “Virtual Bell,” by playing the 5-5-5 bell video to remember your firefighter. We encourage you to post a photo or video of yourself completing your journey using the hashtags #911stairclimb #neverforget #NFFFstairclimbs.
- Invitation to a Special Stair Climber Facebook Group – Interact with other climbers across the country, share how you are honoring firefighters with your climb, and get ideas from other climbers too! Join the group now.
- Virtual Climber T-Shirt – You will receive a special shirt made especially for our 2020 virtual climbers. Your shirt will arrive after December 31, 2020.