The online Roll of Honor lists the names of all firefighters honored at the National Memorial since 1981, and we provide space for a tribute page for each firefighter.
Submitting a Bio
Please provide a bio for your firefighter. Bios should be 450 words or less and will be edited as necessary. Bios can include:
- Community service and involvement
- Interests and achievements
- Awards and honors received
- Military service
- Family information
- Stories and memories about the firefighter
Submitting a Photo
Please send a clear, close-up (head and shoulders) shot of the firefighter, 4X6 inches or larger.
To send an electronic image (preferred):
1. Save the image as a .jpg or .tif file, at 300 dpi (print quality), 4X6 inches or larger.
2. Name the file using the full name of your firefighter (ie. John K. Smith).
3. Please do not edit or crop the photograph from the original; we will do that if necessary.
4. E-mail photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To send a photograph by mail:
1. Do not send your only copy. Have a copy made from a negative or an original photograph.
2. Write your firefighter’s full name and your name on the back of the photo in pencil.
3. Package the photo so it is not damaged in the mail.
4. Mail to: National Fallen Firefighters Foundation, P.O. Drawer 498, Emmitsburg, MD 21727