– The Florida Firefighters Safety and Health Collaborative and the Denver Fire Department will receive the award at the 31st Annual National Fire and Emergency Services Dinner on April 25, 2019, in Washington, DC. READ
– The National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF) is pleased to announce the appointment of Michael Leonard, Vice President of Motorola Solutions Sales and Services, Inc. for the Mid-Atlantic region to the Foundation’s Board of Directors. READ
– Due to the lapse of funding causing a Federal Government shutdown, the campus of the National Emergency Training Center (NETC) in Emmitsburg, Maryland, the home of the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial, is closed to the public. Until the shutdown is resolved we ask for everyone’s patience and understanding.
» View the Memorial Live Web Cam READ
– Highlights from the 2018 Fire Hero Family Tree Lighting held in Emmitsburg, Maryland on December 7. The National Fallen Firefighters Foundation holds this event in memory of our fallen firefighters. These trees carry ornaments sent in by families in honor of their loved ones.
» View Photos from the Tree Lighting on Flickr READ
– The National Fallen Firefighters Foundation is planning the 2019 High School Fire and EMS Cadet Program Symposium and have developed a survey to identify specific areas of interest.
» Take the Survey READ
– Attendees in Columbus encouraged the development of an NFPA standard that will organize and bring structure to response policies in fire departments across the nation, noting that one of the causal factors often cited in preventable line-of-duty deaths is the lack of a policy or procedure in place or the failure to follow an existing policy. READ
– In 2018, the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF) will again mark #GivingTuesday as #FireHeroTuesday. You can answer the call on Tuesday, November 27, 2018, to honor America’s fallen fire heroes, assist their families, and work to prevent firefighter line-of-duty deaths and injuries. Support the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation. READ