– National Burn Awareness Week is February 3 - 9, 2019. The week raises awareness about fire safety and prevention to help lower the number of burn injuries. READ
– Honor firefighters who died in the line of duty prior to 1981 on the Walk of Honor® by making a donation for Project Roll Call. READ
– National Fallen Firefighters Foundation's Family Programs looks back at 2018 as a year of healing, connection, and resilience. READ
– In appreciation for Art’s achievements, the NFFF has created the Arthur J. Glatfelter Distinguished Service Award to recognize exceptional service to the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation.
» Download the Application Form READ
– Applications are being accepted through April 1, 2019 for the 2019-2020 Scholarships which provides financial assistance to spouses, life partners, children, and stepchildren of firefighters honored at the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial. READ
Two Organizations Selected Co-Recipients of the Senator Paul S. Sarbanes Fire Service Safety Leadership Award
– The Florida Firefighters Safety and Health Collaborative and the Denver Fire Department will receive the award at the 31st Annual National Fire and Emergency Services Dinner on April 25, 2019, in Washington, DC. READ
– The National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF) is pleased to announce the appointment of Michael Leonard, Vice President of Motorola Solutions Sales and Services, Inc. for the Mid-Atlantic region to the Foundation’s Board of Directors. READ
– Due to the lapse of funding causing a Federal Government shutdown, the campus of the National Emergency Training Center (NETC) in Emmitsburg, Maryland, the home of the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial, is closed to the public. Until the shutdown is resolved we ask for everyone’s patience and understanding.
» View the Memorial Live Web Cam READ
– Highlights from the 2018 Fire Hero Family Tree Lighting held in Emmitsburg, Maryland on December 7. The National Fallen Firefighters Foundation holds this event in memory of our fallen firefighters. These trees carry ornaments sent in by families in honor of their loved ones.
» View Photos from the Tree Lighting on Flickr
– The National Fallen Firefighters Foundation is planning the 2019 High School Fire and EMS Cadet Program Symposium and have developed a survey to identify specific areas of interest.
» Take the Survey READ