The National Fallen Firefighters Foundation and its partners awarded 80 scholarships to 76 children, 5 of which are stepchildren, and 4 spouses.
Our 2018–2019 scholarship recipients include 47 previous scholarship recipients and 33 new recipients. They are preparing for careers ranging from Social Work to Mechanical Engineering. One recipient is enrolled in a Fire Science program.
Thanks to a very generous donation from Motorola Solutions Foundation, Inc., the Alan Patrick Sondej Scholarship Fund, and the NFFF partnerships with ICMA-RC, Global Health & Safety, National Association of State Fire Marshals, The College Board, and the Steel Family and countless other donations made towards the NFFF Scholarship Program. This year, the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation was able to award 80 scholarships totaling over $338,921.
The Foundation has awarded $3,184,962 since 1997.
In addition, scholarship partners have awarded over $905,216 since 2001.
Biology, Pre Med
Political Science and International Relations
Communications, Graphic Design
Secondary Education in Social Studies
Masters of Business Administration
Communications / Public Relations
Business & Technology
Master of Science in Security Studies of CBRNE
Ed. S in School Psychology
Agricultural Business Management
Juris Doctor / Law
Early Childhood Education
Social Work (MSW)
Fire Protection Engineering
Journalism Special Education
Physician Assistant Studies
- Hailey Adair, Educational Leadership
- Meaghan Austin, Photography
- Margaret Baik, Mass Communication
- James Fahey, Communications
- Isabelle Hage, Public Relations
- Declan Halloran, Business
- Dennis McSweeney, Radiology / Allied Health
- Margaret McSweeney, Teaching
- Nicole Osadacz, Psychology
- Matthew Proost, Business Management
- Janet Santner, Early Childhood Education
- Tessa Santner, Chinese Language and Literature
- Timothy Santner, Exercise & Sport Physiology
- Robert Schardt, Communications
- Morgan Schwantes, Biology
- Holly Schwantes, Undecided
- Thomas Tolbert, Mechanical Engineering Technology