As the founder of the Volunteer Fireman’s Insurance Services (VFIS) and co-founder of the Congressional Fire Services Institute, Arthur J. Glatfelter made a difference in the lives of countless firefighters across the nation. Through his generous support of the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF) and his dedicated service on the Board of Directors, he also demonstrated his compassion for the families of those who died in the line of duty.
In appreciation for Art’s extraordinary achievements, the NFFF created the Arthur J. Glatfelter Distinguished Service Award to recognize exceptional service to the NFFF by men and women who continue to support his legacy.
Nominations are being accepted now through January 15, 2022. All paperwork, the narrative and the nomination form must be submitted electronically to the NFFF at GlatfelterAward@firehero.org. The award will be considered annually, but may not be presented each year.
• The candidate must be nominated by someone other than her/himself.
• Candidates may be submitted posthumously.
• An organization may be nominated for the award, but must be nominated by an individual who is not a part of the organization.
The nomination narrative must address:
• The individual or organization’s support for NFFF’s prevention and support missions.
• The nominees’ significant impact.
• Documentation of the unique aspects of the candidate’s leadership.
• How the candidate’s contributions have encouraged philanthropic or other substantial support for the NFFF.
The Selection Committee will be composed of the Board of Directors of the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation. There is not a process for appeal of the Board’s decision.
The recipient(s) are eligible for financial support, as necessary, to attend the event to receive their award.
- Glatfelter Award Recognizes Chief Dennis Compton’s Extraordinary Service to the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation
- Mary Ann Gibbons Presented With the Arthur J. Glatfelter Distinguished Service Award
- Two NFFF Long-Serving Board Members Receive Accolades at Firehouse Expo
- Three Recognized with the Arthur J. Glatfelter Distinguished Service Award
- New Award Recognizes Extraordinary Service to NFFF