Fire Marshal Jerry Lynn Robinson, age 56, of the North Little Rock Fire Department died on June 5, 2022, due to complications of malignant neoplasm.
Aaron Scott Chassells
Lieutenant Aaron Scott Chassells, age 48, of the North Little Rock Fire Department died on September 18, 2021, of complications of COVID-19.
Michael J. Bevans
Submitted by his Daughter
Michael J. Bevans
North Little Rock Fire Department – Arkansas
Date of Death: November 6‚ 2005
Mike served 38 years with the department. His community involvement included the soup kitchen at Friendly Chapel‚ helping at the NLR Boys and Girls Club‚ Sunshine Camp 4H (for burned children). He also was very active in SummerSet in NLR. Mike was also in the Marine Corp. Reserve from 1964-1968.
Mike started the Christmas parties that included Santa and gifts for all the firefighters and their families. He would by the candy and coloring books for all.
Mike was the Secretary & treasure of the Local 35 Firefighter Union for many years; he was also the state insurance repersentive for the unions for many years.
Mike (Papa) was very involved in his families’ lives. He helped raise his Grandson Michael until he was 9. Michael is now a Volunteer Firefighter and is working on being full time paid. Papa was with Lenzie just about every day of her life until he went home to be with the Lord. They talked or saw each other all the time. She is now 15 and still doesn’t want to discuss his passing. She still from time to time picks up the phone to call and ask him about his day.
Mike loved riding his Firefighter edition Harley‚ swimming in his pool and having large cook-outs. From time to time he and Lenzie would take blankets and sandwiches to the homeless. And at Christmas they would take coloring books‚ colors and candy and place then on porches for the children inside. Anytime any of his children/grand-children‚ blood or step needed anything‚ he always gave to them. He had a very loving heart for people and God. We all miss him very much.
- Matthew Bevans (Mike’s Son)
- Haley Bevans (Mike’s Granddaughter)
- Betty Whitlow (Mike’s Sister
- Mark (Mike’s Brother-in-law)
- Neal (Mike’s Nephew)
- Scott(Mike’s Nephew)
- Margaret Bevans (Mike’s Former Wife)
- Linda Aleese Oliver-Nichols & husband Ron (Mike’s Daughter & son-in-law)
- Lenzie Oliver (Mike’s Granddaughter)
- Jo Jones (Mike’s Daughter)
- Michael Jones (Mike’s grandson)
- Torri Jones (Wife of Mike’s grandson Michael)
- Aydin Michael Jones (Mike’s Great-grandson)
- Corey Jones (Mike’s Grandson)
- Anna Jones (Mike’s Granddaughter)
- Stephannie Jones & Husband Jim (Mike’s daughter & son-in-law)
- Tiffany (Mike’s granddaughter)
- Jacob (Mike’s grandson)
- Steve Oliver & Wife Mary (Mike’s Son & daughter-in-law)
- Brittany (Mike’s Granddaughter)
- Maggie (Mike’s Granddaughter)
- Carolann (Mike’s Granddaughter)
- Christopher (Mike’s Grandson)
- Daniel (Mike’s Grandson)
We thank everyone who touched Mike’s life. And for the memorial to help us go through the process of him moving on to Heaven.
There is no profile listed for this fallen firefighter.