Charles J. Margiotta‚ 44‚ lieutenant‚ FDNY‚ Battalion 22. The 240-pound‚ 20-year FDNY veteran had a degree from Brown University and worked as a stuntman in dozens of feature films‚ including Hannibal. He was also a private investigator‚ a substitute teacher‚ and a soccer coach. On September 11‚ he heard the news about the World Trade Center on his truck radio and rushed to the nearest firehouse in Staten Island to join the rescue efforts.
- Memorial Park
- Project Roll Call
- State Firefighter Memorials
- Criteria for Inclusion on the National Memorial
- Submit a Firefighter Death
- Fallen Firefighter Tribute Widget
- How to Organize a Tribute
Stay Connected With NFFF
You can receive information on National Fallen Firefighters Foundation resources, news, events, and ways you can help families and the fire service through our online newsletter.
Donate to the NFFF Through the Combined Federal Campaign Using #10292
Federal, military, and postal service employees can donate to the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation through Combined Federal Campaign contributions. The Foundation’s agency number is 10292. State and local government employees can write in the Foundation as their agency of choice.
We appreciate your continued support to honor and remember America’s fallen fire heroes and their families.
- If you’re part of a High School Fire or EMS Cadet program please take the NFFF survey. We’re planning a national sy… https://t.co/LIzcNflNKX