Daniel T. Suhr‚ 37‚ firefighter‚ FDNY‚ Engine 216. For Suhr‚ firefighting was a family tradition. His father was a career firefighter and his brother became a firefighter as well. Born and raised in Brooklyn‚ Suhr was the captain of both the James Madison High School baseball and football teams. As an adult‚ the 16-year FDNY veteran was nicknamed Captain America because he was always watching out to keep everyone safe‚ particularly his beloved 2-year old daughter. The South Shore High School football team‚ which Suhr helped to coach‚ dedicated its 2001 season to him.
- Memorial Park
- Project Roll Call
- State Firefighter Memorials
- Criteria for Inclusion on the National Memorial
- Submit a Firefighter Death
- Fallen Firefighter Tribute Widget
- How to Organize a Tribute