Daniel T. Suhr‚ 37‚ firefighter‚ FDNY‚ Engine 216. For Suhr‚ firefighting was a family tradition. His father was a career firefighter and his brother became a firefighter as well. Born and raised in Brooklyn‚ Suhr was the captain of both the James Madison High School baseball and football teams. As an adult‚ the 16-year FDNY veteran was nicknamed Captain America because he was always watching out to keep everyone safe‚ particularly his beloved 2-year old daughter. The South Shore High School football team‚ which Suhr helped to coach‚ dedicated its 2001 season to him.
- Memorial Park
- Project Roll Call
- State Firefighter Memorials
- Criteria for Inclusion on the National Memorial
- Submit a Firefighter Death
- Fallen Firefighter Tribute Widget
- How to Organize a Tribute
We Are Here For You
We are working hard to provide important resources, workshops, and timely information to help both firefighters and our Fire Hero Families stay connected and well during these unprecedented times. These new resources can be found here on our website, shared through E-mail, and through our social media channels.
Stay Connected With NFFF
You can receive information on National Fallen Firefighters Foundation resources, news, events, and ways you can help families and the fire service through our online newsletter.
Like us on FacebookLike NFFF
- Today begins the 2021 Firefighter Safety Stand Down. This year's theme is Rebuild Rehab. There is a plethora of inf… https://t.co/yU4OXY2gvF