Firefighter Herbert B. Campbell was on Middle River VFD Truck 221, responding to an apartment fire, when he suffered a fatal heart attack. In June of 1984, Firefighter Campbell retired from the Baltimore City Fire Department having served for 33 years. He joined Middle River VFD in December 1985. Firefighter Herbert B.Campbell was 63 years old and had served the citizens of Maryland for 40 years.
- There are no memory wall messages for this firefighter.
- Memorial Park
- Project Roll Call
- State Firefighter Memorials
- Criteria for Inclusion on the National Memorial
- Submit a Firefighter Death
- Fallen Firefighter Tribute Widget
- How to Organize a Tribute
We Are Here For You
We are working hard to provide important resources, workshops, and timely information to help both firefighters and our Fire Hero Families stay connected and well during these unprecedented times. These new resources can be found here on our website, shared through E-mail, and through our social media channels.
Stay Connected With NFFF
You can receive information on National Fallen Firefighters Foundation resources, news, events, and ways you can help families and the fire service through our online newsletter.
Like us on FacebookLike NFFF
- We remember and honor the following firefighters who lost their lives in the line of duty on September 28. We also… https://t.co/lSAvGcDQX5
Make Your 2022 Combined Federal Campaign Donation Using #10292
Federal, military, and postal service employees can donate to the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation through Combined Federal Campaign contributions. The Foundation’s agency number is 10292. State and local government employees can write in the Foundation as their agency of choice.