James M. Gray‚ 34‚ firefighter‚ FDNY‚ Ladder 20. Gray left a job as a bus driver to become a firefighter in 1996‚ following his father to the FDNY where he retired as a lieutenant. Passionate and committed to his job‚ he was studying for his lieutenant’s test while working with his brothers at ‘SOHO Trucking’ as they referred to their Lafayette Street firehouse. A member of the Emerald Society and the Knights of Columbus‚ Gray was a devoted husband to his wife and a doting father to his two girls.
- Memorial Park
- Project Roll Call
- State Firefighter Memorials
- Criteria for Inclusion on the National Memorial
- Submit a Firefighter Death
- Fallen Firefighter Tribute Widget
- How to Organize a Tribute
We Are Here For You
We are working hard to provide important resources, workshops, and timely information to help both firefighters and our Fire Hero Families stay connected and well during these unprecedented times. These new resources can be found here on our website, shared through E-mail, and through our social media channels.
Stay Connected With NFFF
You can receive information on National Fallen Firefighters Foundation resources, news, events, and ways you can help families and the fire service through our online newsletter.
Like us on FacebookLike NFFF
- Tomorrow begins Light the Night for Fallen Firefighters. If you need some inspiration, take a look at the inspirati… https://t.co/oqHUMsF6lg