James W. Blackmore‚ 48‚ a career firefighter with the Fire Department of New York‚ died from burns sustained in an apartment fire. Blackmore‚ a decorated Vietnam veteran‚ had been with FDNY for 21 years. Also dying at this incident was firefighter Scott J. LaPiedra.
- Memorial Park
- Project Roll Call
- State Firefighter Memorials
- Criteria for Inclusion on the National Memorial
- Submit a Firefighter Death
- Fallen Firefighter Tribute Widget
- How to Organize a Tribute
We Are Here For You
We are working hard to provide important resources, workshops, and timely information to help both firefighters and our Fire Hero Families stay connected and well during these unprecedented times. These new resources can be found here on our website, shared through E-mail, and through our social media channels.
Stay Connected With NFFF
You can receive information on National Fallen Firefighters Foundation resources, news, events, and ways you can help families and the fire service through our online newsletter.
Like us on FacebookLike NFFF
- Can you help us with our goal of every state honoring our nation's fallen firefighters next week with Light the Nig… https://t.co/u6wbevyudp
Make Your 2022 Combined Federal Campaign Donation Using #10292
Federal, military, and postal service employees can donate to the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation through Combined Federal Campaign contributions. The Foundation’s agency number is 10292. State and local government employees can write in the Foundation as their agency of choice.