Updated December 2012
ONE-TIME DEATH BENEFIT
Palm Beach County Fire Rescue
Herman W. Brice Fire Rescue Complex
405 Pike Road
West Palm Beach, FL 33411
Accidental Death Benefit
Designated beneficiaries may be eligible for accidental death benefits. Certified copy of death certificate and other supporting documents must be submitted along with a completed and signed claim form.
NON-PROFIT OR PRIVATE ORGANIZATIONS
The Hundred Club of South Palm Beach County
201 N. Federal Highway, Suite 114
Deerfield Beach, FL 33441
Phone: (954) 420-5599
Serves Boca Raton area. Provides immediate financial assistance.
Palm Beach County Firefighters Employee Benefit Fund
7240 7th Place N
West Palm Beach, FL 33411
Phone: (561) 969-6663
Employer pays 100% of Premium
- Class 1 Each Active Full-Time member of the Palm Beach County Fire Fighters Employees Benefit Fund * See certificate of coverage for exact wording . $100,000
- Class 2 Retirees of the Palm Beach County Fire Fighters Employees Benefit Fund. $50,000
Age Reduction: Class 1 – The Principal Sum will be reduced to 65% at age 70, and then to 50% at age 75. Reduces at retirement to $50,000.
Class 2 – The Principal Sum will be reduced to 50% at age 70.
Group Term Life and AD&D Features:
- Conversion – The conversion privilege gives an Insured the right, under certain conditions to continue life insurance protection under a non-term permanent insurance policy.
- Waiver of Premium – If an Insured becomes Totally Disabled before reaching age 60 and is not able to work for at least six consecutive months, the amount of life insurance protection will be continued without further premium payments as long as the Total Disability meets the requirements of the Group Insurance policy.
- Living Benefit Rider – The living benefit rider has been designed to help offset the high cost of medical care for the terminally ill employee, by providing an advance payment of a portion of the death benefit. The living benefit will be an amount equal to 75% of the Death Benefit on the date of certification of Terminal Illness, subject to a maximum of $500,000.
- Bereavement Counseling Services – The assistance program is provided for employees, beneficiaries, and families, who have suffered a loss, and may benefit from talking with a professional counselor experienced in dealings with grief and loss. In cooperation with Health Management Systems of America, a toll-free professional counseling service is offered to those who have experienced a loss and need help dealing with the emotions associated with the death of a loved one.
Professional Firefighters/Paramedics Benevolent Fund, Inc. of Local 2928
2328 S. Congress Ave, Ste. 2-C
West Palm Beach, FL 33406
Benevolence Fund provides emergency financial relief on a case by case basis to survivors of Local 2928 members.
Disclaimer: The material contained in the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation Survivor Benefits website is not the result of legal research, but rather is based on a scan of public documents. We have made every effort to be accurate and timely, but errors may exist. The material on this website is advisory only and should not be cited as evidence or proof that a benefit exists or that our facts are accurate. Always consult the decedent’s fire department for benefits assistance, or a benefits’ attorney. If, in the course of your own research, you see errors of fact, or new benefit information, please pass this information along to the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation.