Columbia Southern University (CSU) is proud to honor those who have served their communities. CSU will grant one scholarship to the spouse, life partner, or dependent of a firefighter who has been honored at the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial.
This scholarship will cover up to 60 credit hours toward one online degree program of the recipient’s choice at Columbia Southern University. The scholarship will be applied: 1) after an evaluation report’s results have been applied to the selected online degree program; 2) directly to the recipient’s tuition for up to three years or until the completion of the selected online degree program, whichever comes first.
CSU offers two options for their classes: Term and LifePace Learning. Term class are more structured, with classes lasting 8 weeks and assignments having specific due dates. The LifePace Learning system is more flexible, with no set due dates and students working through the classes at their own pace, finishing the classes in 4-10 weeks. A new term starts almost every month of the year and students can start their LifePace Learning at any time, providing a lot of flexibility for scholarship recipients with starting their classes.
The scholarship recipient is required to enroll within 90 days from the date of the award notification. If the recipient does not enroll within this timeframe, he/she will lose the scholarship. Once enrolled, the recipient is required to maintain continuous enrollment in his/her degree program.
For any questions, please E-mail email@example.com or call (888) 785-3006.
- Applicants must be the widow, life partner, or dependent of a firefighter who has been honored at the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial.
- Scholarship prospects must submit a scholarship application.
- Applications and essays will be evaluated by members of the CSU scholarship committee as well as the as the CSU scholarship liaison.
- Eligible candidates must have a high school transcript or equivalent (GED).
- Scholarship recipient must be available to begin coursework within 90 days of the date of the award.
- Recipient is required to maintain a 2.0 undergraduate GPA or 3.0 graduate GPA.
- Remain in good standing with CSU throughout a degree program.
- Maintain continuous enrollment in a degree program.
- Current CSU students must already meet these requirements to be considered.
- The recipient is expected to abide by all CSU rules, regulations, and guidelines explained in the student handbook.
The scholarship period will open on January 2, 2022 and will close at 11:59 pm on May 2, 2022.
Applicants will be required to submit verification of their membership. The Columbia Southern University scholarship committee will select and announce the winner in June 2022. The winner will receive a phone call and all non-winners will receive an email notifying them of the decision.
Resources for Other Family Members
Columbia Southern University (a completely online university) is offering a 10% partnership discount to family members of fallen firefighters honored at the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial.