Columbia Southern University (CSU) is proud to honor those who have served their communities. CSU will grant one scholarship to the spouse or partner of a firefighter who has been honored at the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial.
This scholarship will cover up to $13,500, the equivalent to 60 hours, in one online degree program with Columbia Southern University. The scholarship award will be applied directly to the recipient’s tuition for up to three years or until the completion of the selected online degree
program, whichever comes first.
For any questions or concerns, please E-mail [email protected] or call (800) 355-4977.
- Applicants must be the widow, life partner, or dependent of a firefighter who has been honored at the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial.
- Eligible candidates must have a high school transcript or equivalent (GED).
- Scholarship applicants must be available to begin coursework within 90 days of the date of the award.
- Capable of maintaining a 2.0 undergraduate GPA or 3.0 graduate GPA.
- Remain in good standing with CSU throughout a degree program.
- Maintain continuous enrollment in a degree program.
- Current CSU students must already meet these requirements to be considered.
How to Apply
» Click Here to Learn More
(The scholarship will open on May 1, 2018 and will close October 2, 2018.)
Applicants will be required to submit verification of their membership. The Columbia Southern University scholarship committee will select and announce the winner in December 2018. The winner will receive a phone call and all non-winners will receive an email notifying them of the decision.
Resources for Other Family Members
Columbia Southern University (a completely online university) is offering a 10% partnership discount to family members of fallen firefighters honored at the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial.