Create safer communities by implementing and enforcing codes and standards as created by a national consensus process, especially in the WUI and under-served and vulnerable populations in rural and urban areas; and provide affordable and fire-safe housing.
Key Codes and Standards Downloads
State and local governments are responsible for promoting the use and enforcement of current codes and standards. The federal government can help by incentivizing compliance and providing funding to local jurisdictions for code implementation, inspection, and enforcement. This will increase fire and life safety in our communities, especially in the wildland-urban interface and among under-served and vulnerable populations.
- Insurance Institute for Building and Home Safety Research Center: Wildfire
- NFPA: Physical Disability as a Factor in Home Fire Deaths (March 2022)
- NFPA: Home Fire Victims by Age and Gender (December 2021)
- NFPA: Poverty and the Risk of Fire (July 2021)
- USFA: Fire in the United States 2008-2017 (November 2019)