James F. Bohan‚ 25‚ a career firefighter with the Fire Department of New York‚ died of asphyxiation fighting a fire in a 10-story senior citizen’s residence in Brooklyn on December 18‚ 1998. Also perishing in this incident were Firefighters Christopher Michael Bopp and Joseph P. Cavalieri. Bohan‚ a former carpenter‚ had been with the department for 2 years.
- Memorial Park
- Project Roll Call
- State Firefighter Memorials
- Criteria for Inclusion on the National Memorial
- Submit a Firefighter Death
- Fallen Firefighter Tribute Widget
- How to Organize a Tribute
Stay Connected With NFFF
You can receive information on National Fallen Firefighters Foundation resources, news, events, and ways you can help families and the fire service through our online newsletter.
Donate to the NFFF Through the Combined Federal Campaign Using #10292
Federal, military, and postal service employees can donate to the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation through Combined Federal Campaign contributions. The Foundation’s agency number is 10292. State and local government employees can write in the Foundation as their agency of choice.
We appreciate your continued support to honor and remember America’s fallen fire heroes and their families.
- Save the Date -- #GivingTuesday is November 27th. Find out how to make it #FireHeroTuesday here:… https://t.co/Y7miPifKpL