Jerry Wayne Ramey‚ 18‚ a volunteer firefighter trainee with the West Fork Fire Department‚ died on November 3‚ 1999‚ when he came in contact with a downed power line at a reported brush fire. He decided to join the department after seeing their response when his brother collapsed and died while playing in a high school football game a year earlier.
- There are no memory wall messages for this firefighter.
- Memorial Park
- Project Roll Call
- State Firefighter Memorials
- Criteria for Inclusion on the National Memorial
- Submit a Firefighter Death
- Fallen Firefighter Tribute Widget
- How to Organize a Tribute
Stay Connected With NFFF
You can receive information on National Fallen Firefighters Foundation resources, news, events, and ways you can help families and the fire service through our online newsletter.
Donate to the NFFF Through the Combined Federal Campaign Using #10292
Federal, military, and postal service employees can donate to the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation through Combined Federal Campaign contributions. The Foundation’s agency number is 10292. State and local government employees can write in the Foundation as their agency of choice.
We appreciate your continued support to honor and remember America’s fallen fire heroes and their families.
- The 2018 FDNY Symposium is underway! For the first time, this event is all-digital, available on-demand and FREE!… https://t.co/TaEKAL4COC