Scott P. Gillen‚ 37‚ a 14-year member of the Chicago Fire Department‚ died of multiple injuries on December 23‚ 2000‚ when struck by a passing vehicle at an accident scene. A new state law‚ known as ‘Scott’s Law‚’ will help protect emergency personnel from motorists at accident scenes. Gillen’s family actively worked to make this legislation a reality.
- Memorial Park
- Project Roll Call
- State Firefighter Memorials
- Criteria for Inclusion on the National Memorial
- Submit a Firefighter Death
- Fallen Firefighter Tribute Widget
- How to Organize a Tribute
We Are Here For You
We are working hard to provide important resources, workshops, and timely information to help both firefighters and our Fire Hero Families stay connected and well during these unprecedented times. These new resources can be found here on our website, shared through E-mail, and through our social media channels.
Stay Connected With NFFF
You can receive information on National Fallen Firefighters Foundation resources, news, events, and ways you can help families and the fire service through our online newsletter.
Like us on FacebookLike NFFF
- We remember and honor the following firefighters who lost their lives in the line of duty on July 3. We also recogn… https://t.co/QuEPffXtev