Sekou I. Turner‚ 28‚ career firefighter‚ Alameda County Fire Department‚ San Leandro‚ died May 22‚ 2002‚ when he suffered a heart attack while working at an EMS call. He joined the department as a volunteer in 1999 and completed the fire training program at Chabot College. Turner had been a career member for less than one year and was working shifts at various fire stations. He was very happy to be a firefighter. He was very outgoing‚ very helpful‚ always asking if there was anything he could do.
- There are no memory wall messages for this firefighter.
- Memorial Park
- Project Roll Call
- State Firefighter Memorials
- Criteria for Inclusion on the National Memorial
- Submit a Firefighter Death
- Fallen Firefighter Tribute Widget
- How to Organize a Tribute
See What We Achieved in 2017
Donate to the NFFF Through the Combined Federal Campaign Using #10292
Federal, military, and postal service employees can donate to the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation through Combined Federal Campaign contributions. The Foundation’s agency number is 10292. State and local government employees can write in the Foundation as their agency of choice.
We appreciate your continued support to honor and remember America’s fallen fire heroes and their families.
Learn more about the great things going on at the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation
You can receive more information about National Fallen Firefighters Foundation programs, news, events, resources, and ways you can stay involved. Choose the types of alerts and programs that you’re interested in and we’ll send you the latest updates.
- In 2017 more than 30 iconic buildings and landmarks across the country were part of “Light the Night for Fallen Fir… https://t.co/4yN0RLuash