Sekou I. Turner‚ 28‚ career firefighter‚ Alameda County Fire Department‚ San Leandro‚ died May 22‚ 2002‚ when he suffered a heart attack while working at an EMS call. He joined the department as a volunteer in 1999 and completed the fire training program at Chabot College. Turner had been a career member for less than one year and was working shifts at various fire stations. He was very happy to be a firefighter. He was very outgoing‚ very helpful‚ always asking if there was anything he could do.
- There are no memory wall messages for this firefighter.
- Memorial Park
- Project Roll Call
- State Firefighter Memorials
- Criteria for Inclusion on the National Memorial
- Submit a Firefighter Death
- Fallen Firefighter Tribute Widget
- How to Organize a Tribute
Stay Connected With NFFF
You can receive information on National Fallen Firefighters Foundation resources, news, events, and ways you can help families and the fire service through our online newsletter.
Donate to the NFFF Through the Combined Federal Campaign Using #10292
Federal, military, and postal service employees can donate to the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation through Combined Federal Campaign contributions. The Foundation’s agency number is 10292. State and local government employees can write in the Foundation as their agency of choice.
We appreciate your continued support to honor and remember America’s fallen fire heroes and their families.
- @CFSIUpdate and NFFF are accepting nominations for the Sen. Paul S. Sarbanes Fire Service Safety Leadership Award u… https://t.co/n8pVsa6n4N