Vincent G. Fowler‚ 45‚ a 21-year veteran of the Fire Department of New York‚ died on June 4‚ 1999‚ while trying to get a probationary firefighter out of a fire in a residential structure. The department awarded him its Medal of Valor posthumously. Because of his outstanding community service‚ an elementary school in South Ozone Park was renamed after him. Fowler’s father is a retired New York City fire officer; two of his brothers are also members of the department.
- There are no memory wall messages for this firefighter.
- Memorial Park
- Project Roll Call
- State Firefighter Memorials
- Criteria for Inclusion on the National Memorial
- Submit a Firefighter Death
- Fallen Firefighter Tribute Widget
- How to Organize a Tribute
We Are Here For You
We are working hard to provide important resources, workshops, and timely information to help both firefighters and our Fire Hero Families stay connected and well during these unprecedented times. These new resources can be found here on our website, shared through E-mail, and through our social media channels.
Stay Connected With NFFF
You can receive information on National Fallen Firefighters Foundation resources, news, events, and ways you can help families and the fire service through our online newsletter.
Like us on FacebookLike NFFF
- Chief Mark Davis, of the Lexington County Fire Service (SC), will be our guest on the next IC-to-IC Webinar on Augu… https://t.co/sfkEZKfoNU